- Pitch story ideas, arrange and facilitate artist interviews print and online media;
- Participate and contribute to brainstorm sessions for artist campaigns;
- Artists with indy PR, you will oversee their press campaigns and continuously supply information; liaise between PR firm and artist management and label staff;
- Write or supervise all writing and editing and provide direction to ensure quality control for artist press materials;
- Provide product managers with approved artist materials;
- Communicate regularly with product managers regarding project status;
- Send materials company-wide for key announcements, events, artist success;
- Liaise with other departments on cross promotion;
- Update and maintain database;
- Organize mailings to journalists, and send out packages as required.
Skills / Abilities:
- Strong computer skills, ability to quickly adapt and learn new applications;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including: PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word;
- Strong communication abilities with the ability to write and convey media strategy plans/efforts to executives and management;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport;
- Experience managing multiple short- and long-term plans simultaneously;
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors;
- Manage account finances, develop accurate estimates and adhere to approved budgets;
- Job requires working non-traditional hours, weekends and some travel.
- Must have excellent written skills including bios, press releases, pitch letters;
- Strong track record on working with top tier press and established relationships with all media types: TV bookers, National Media, Consumer and Music Magazines, Dailies, Weeklies, Key Online, Bloggers, tastemakers, end etc.